Sao beach is one of the most famous beaches in Phu Quoc. Coming here, you will be fascinated by the natural beauty, as well as the fine white dune stretching over 7 kilometers, and the crystal clear blue water with ripples. In addition to the picturesque scenery, there are numerous interesting activities and experiences. Therefore, many tourists have visited this place on their journey to the pearl island.
- 1. Location of Sao beach - Phu Quoc
- 2. The best time for visitors to enjoy Sao beach to the fullest
- 3. Attractions for tourists at Sao beach
- 4. Enjoy special cuisine at Sao beach
- 5. Sunrise and sunset at Sao beach
1. Location of Sao beach - Phu Quoc
Sao beach is located in An Thoi town, not far from the town center. The beach is known as "beach paradise" with the most tourist attractions in Phu Quoc, which attracts many tourists to travel in the summer.
Sao beach is located in the southeast corner of Pearl Island, about 25 kilometers from Duong Dong town. This location is also so convenient that you can easily move to other interesting attractions like the Hon Thom Cable Car, the Ho Quoc Pagoda, and the Phu Quoc Prison... for a pleasant experience
Sao beach is about 25 km from Duong Dong town.
2. The best time for visitors to enjoy Sao beach to the fullest
The months of June to January are the best for visiting Sao beach. Except for Sao beach, the southwest wind is causing large waves on almost all of Phu Quoc's beaches at this time. However, this is also the dry season in Phu Quoc, so you won't have to worry about unexpected rains. In particular, the weather at this time of year is quite lovely, sunny and cool, making it ideal for you to fully enjoy Sao beach.
3. Attractions for tourists at Sao beach
3.1 Sunbathing at Sao Beach in Phu Quoc promotes healthy skin.
Sunshine on Pearl Island is not too harsh or burning at the ideal time, so visitors can enjoy the blue sky, white clouds, fresh and cool air while relaxing on the couch with sunglasses to protect their eyes.
Tourists sunbathe and relax at Phu Quoc - Sao Beach.
3.2 Swimming with friends at Sao Beach - Phu Quoc
Visitors will be drawn to the sparkling ripples and soft white dune while walking along the beach and will not be bothered by the rough seashells pinned to their feet as they are on other beaches.
Walking along the beach for more than 7 Km at Sao beach - Phu Quoc.
The body is completely relaxed when visitors take a dip here because Sao beach is one of the beaches that brings a sense of comfort by clear water and ripples with rays of mild sunshine helping you feel love wearing a bikini without fear of the cold at this time.
Immerse yourself in the cool and clear water at Sao Beach.
Quick rains may occasionally fall, but they will have little impact on tourists' vacations. The amount of sea water is relatively shallow, not more than thigh high, stretching up to 100 meters from the sand to the sea, making swimming and playing very safe for children and the elderly.
Sao beach is completely safe for adults and children.
3.3 Snorkeling knowledge at Sao beach
The first ships and canoes leave Sao beach in Phu Quoc at 8:30 a.m. However, departing at 13:00 should provide the best experience because the sun reflects at the highest angle, making the scenery beneath the sea visible. Passengers who cannot swim can be confident in participating in coral diving because sailors are always on hand to assist with diving equipment such as snorkels, oxygen tanks, diving goggles, and so on. Following that, passengers will be free to observe the swimming fish and the colorful coral reefs; it will undoubtedly be an unforgettable experience.
Immerse yourself in the colorful coral reefs at Bai Sao Phu Quoc.
3.4 Check-in together at Sao Beach Phu Quoc.
When visiting Sao beach, visitors will notice the long stretch of white sand, swaying coconut trees with a few gentle breezes, and clear blue water with a few ripples, making this place one of the ideal places for beautiful photographs and freely checking-in every memorable moment such as walking on the beach, playing, building sand castles...
With your lover holding hands and playing in the sea at Sao Beach.
The strange and unusual rows of coconuts growing sideways to the sea will captivate you. One of them also includes a beautiful wooden swing. The aforementioned elements combine to create a poetic scene that is ideal for couples to live virtually. There are numerous outstanding poses, such as sitting on swings together, leaning against each other, and gazing into the distance into the sea. It's a great way to spend time with your other half, swinging on a rope chair under the shade of coconut trees with a few gentle breezes blowing through.
Live virtual and relax under the coconut trees at Sao beach.
At Sao Beach, you can make memories with your friends. Posing in various styles for photos, such as jumping high on the sand with a clear beach, will result in many unique and interesting images.
“strange” pose with friends on the beach.
For women, a bikini or a loose maxi dress, combined with a simple pose and tips for getting a gorgeous photo when checking in at Sao beach, will be the best choice.
- A brimmed hat, in addition to providing sun protection, serves as a photo prop, making you look like a lovely princess while strolling along the beach.
- Sunscreen is an essential item that many of you frequently forget after returning home. You certainly don't want your skin to darken as a result of prolonged sun exposure.
- Sunglasses are both for virtual living and dustproof, preventing UV rays from causing eye damage.
- Swimwear that accentuates curves on white sand and sunbathing on virtual living loungers is the ideal option.
Combined with a maxi dress, you have a very elegant photo.
A great time to take a stunning sunset photograph is between 16h and 17h30, when it is completely cool and the sun gradually sets, creating a beautiful picture shimmering in the sunset.
3.5 Great experiences with kayak at Sao Beach Phu Quoc
Kayaking is an excellent activity to complement swimming and diving at Sao beach. You can go with friends and family to float on the water in the vast and poetic space. Enjoy admiring the best things here.
Popular sea sport at Sao beach- Phu Quoc.
3.6 Squidding and night fishing at Sao beach.
If you want to spend a day as a fisherman in Phu Quoc, this is the best place to go. The locals will take you to the sea at dusk and tell you about the legend of fishing and their fishing life along the way. Locals' enthusiasm will ensure that you have unforgettable experiences when "trying to be a fisherman" one day.
Night fishing/squidding on the sea at Sao beach, Phu Quoc.
4. Enjoy special cuisine at Sao beach
The dishes at Bai Sao are all made from very fresh ingredients with distinct sea flavors that connoisseurs should not miss. Fish, crabs, shrimp, squids, scallops... are still very fresh, flavorful, and, most importantly, extremely nutritious. The food here is delicious, but the most popular are three names that visitors should not miss:
One of the famous restaurants in Bai Sao.
- The first dish on this list is sardinella salad (gỏi cá trích), which is a Phu Quoc specialty. This specialty has delectable fresh fish meat, a sweet flavor, and no fishy odor. Pre-sliced fish is neatly arranged on a plate, topped with green vegetables and a few eye-catching slices of red chili. Most restaurants and eateries in Sao Beach serve this dish, so you won't have a hard time trying it.
Herring salad a typical dish of Phu Quoc.
- The following is an extremely appealing specialty dish demonstrating Pearl Island folklore, crab fried rice, which is made by a harmonious combination of fragrant white rice grains accompanied by delicious boiled crab meat with chicken eggs, soy sauce, and a few slices of hot chili. This perfect combination has resulted in a dish that is both close and extremely rich. The yellow color of the eggs, the pinkish white of the crab meat, and the bright red of chili mixed with a bit of green and green vegetables all stand out. Eating with greasy dipping sauce creates an extremely strange and irresistible sensation for diners.
Crab fried rice a famous dish of Phu Quoc.
- Half-naked pen shell is the final dish on this list. They have a triangular shell that is dark brown and bulges in the middle like a banana cabbage. They are much heavier than cockles. The horn of penshells is the muscle that connects the two halves of the seashell; this is the most delectable part of the half-naked pen shell.
Traveling to Phu Quoc to sample the local delicacy, Phu Quoc Half-naked pen shell.
- There are numerous dishes made from Half-naked pen shells, including porridge, soup, hot pot, sweet and sour fried, steamed... but the most popular is grilled with chili salt and dipping with chao, which enhances the flavor and appeal. Each pen shell is juicy and crunchy on the inside and out, with a salty chilly salt flavor that makes visitors enjoy a rare human delicacy.
Half-naked pen shells are diverse with many ways of processing.
5. Sunrise and sunset at Sao beach
The fresh air, poetic scenery with small ripples, and the sun make the Sao beach more beautiful and impressive. Quiet, swaying coconut trees in the wind are images that you will never forget at dawn. And as the first rays of sunlight broke through the thick layers of night dew, Sao beach revealed an amazing and mysterious beauty. One of the great experiences that you should try is walking in the dawn or riding a bicycle to enjoy the first warm rays of sunlight along with the cool blue water.
The sunrise at Bai Sao is distinguished by small, gentle ripples.
Unlike sunrise, sunset at Sao beach stands out with brilliant orange colors; a tourist who does not see the sunset is not truly a tourist. The best time to capture the moment is at 5 p.m., when the fireball disappears on the horizon and the orange color gradually falls to the sea. Sao beach is now more enchanting than ever with the red sky background, and the sea surface appears to be covered in a shimmering metallic sheen. If you enjoy watching the sunset, don't miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to visit Sao beach and look for super shimmering photos as the sun sets into the sea.
Sunset in Phu Quoc stands out with a brilliant orange color.
Vina Phu Quoc Travel, founded in 2014, is a prestigious travel agency that has achieved the top 100 Asian integration gold brands, Department of Industry awards, and numerous other reputable organizations. Every year, we serve over 40,000 domestic guests and over 10,000 international guests with a professional and dedicated staff of more than 50 employees and many other collaborators. In addition, we organize thousands of events, both large and small galas. With 8 years and a journey - arduous but also happy journey - Vina Phu Quoc Travel is proud to build the leading brand in Phu Quoc "Affirming the bravery of the pioneer."
This article, hopefully, will provide you with useful information to help you have a safe trip and fully enjoy Sao beach.